Journal of International Management
Paper Development Workshop
Journal of International Management (JIM), in collaboration with the Emerging Markets Society (EMS) will conduct an online paper development workshop (PDW) via Zoom. The workshop will be led by Vikas Kumar, Editor-in-Chief of JIM, with the assistance from Associate Editors of JIM as well as other leading scholars as listed below:
- Lin Cui, Australia National University, Canberra, Australia
- Ziliang Deng, Renmin University of China, Beijing, China
- Desislava Dikova, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Vienna, Austria
- Tazeeb Rajwani, Surrey Business School, Guildford, UK
- Ajai Gaur, EIC, Journal of World Business, Rutgers Business School, NJ, USA
Timing: May 18, 2020
9 PM to 10.30 PM (AEST Sydney, Australia)
7 PM to 8.30 PM (China)
4.30 PM to 6 PM (India)
12.00 PM to 1.30 PM (UK)
7 AM to 8.30 AM (EST, New York, USA)
The purpose of the PDW is to provide feedback to junior scholars and doctoral students on their research projects that are at an initial idea stage of development. Consistent with the mission of JIM, our objective is to encourage scholars to do quality research on topical issues that have high potential to make an impact in the area of international management. While we certainly hope that the authors will develop their work and submit to JIM, there is no obligation to do so.
We invite submissions of short idea papers that are anywhere between 2500 to 5000 words in length. You can submit the shorter versions of papers that you have previously submitted to JIM or other journals to get development feedback during the PDW. The space will be limited to 20 papers.
- 15 minutes: Overview of JIM aims, scope, and performance.
- 60 minutes: Feedback by panelists on selected papers in breakout rooms.
- 15 minutes: Panelists answer questions from the audience.
Please make your submissions to email@example.com by May 8, 2020. We will make the final decisions by May 15, 2020 and send out the online Zoom link to participate.
This session will be open for participants who may not submit any paper for feedback. Please register to become a member of EMS to get updates about this and other workshops.